- This event has passed.
Intro to Homebrewing
October 2 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
An event every month that begins at 10:00 am on day First of the month, repeating indefinitely
An intro to homebrewing– The Art and Science of the World’s Greatest Hobby.
Interested in learning how to homebrew? Don’t really want to homebrew, but just want to learn about the process behind one of your favorite beverages? Or are you already brewing at home, and just want to review some of the key techniques and terms so you can know where to start looking for more ways to improve?
This class is designed to accommodate a wide range of brewing skill levels and interests. We’re going to spend some quality time with the ingredients and learn more about the process for creating and acquiring those ingredients, as well as understand more about what they contribute to the overall process and final product. You should arrive about 10-15 minutes early, as we’ll jump right into the content, and we’ll try to wrap everything up within an hour and a half. There is a lot to say when it comes to great beer, so we’re really excited to share that with you. The class will include a small sample of beer to get you acclimated to the classroom environment. You do not need to be 21+ to attend, but you must have valid ID and be over 21 in order to participate in any alcohol tasting.
- Learn to brew your own beer at home
- Designed for beginning through intermediate brewers
- Learn key terms
- Overview of the ingredients and what they contribute
- How different beer styles are created
- The basic brewing process
- Tips and Tricks for a successful brew day
- Emphasis is on partial grain AKA extract AKA extract with grains brewing.
- Saving the universe through homebrew!
- Class Length – 1.5-2 hrs
View our intro to brewing video here.